Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Some Summer Pics

some summer pics , what more can be said. After being to John's winter wonderland , I needed some summer pics.

a sleeping bumble bee


wild garlic and orchids complementing each other



no need to guess what this is , check out the drop of water


really love the bumblebee



sunlight on Nicole





two arums are better than one




these red daliahs happy up my garden




and make the bees happy too




summer is all about buds



I've never had so many on the Durban July before.




I've been good this year , with Epsom Salts and compost and liquid fertilizer



agapanthus in progress




some grass on death row .. in time




corrianda soften the beds and add a wonderful smell when watered
mental note to add more randomly to all the beds




fantastic fressia


happy blogging


ps, if you first found this post empty , it's becasue I pressed enter too many times , my apologies

10 comments:

  1. Hi James, sorry I published blank too quickly , I hope you come back and see my summer pics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super-Lovely post! Such lovely summer memories! I love your sleepy bee..they are so cute! Wonderful buds and blooms. Love the shot of agapanthus!..and love the pink rose...so pretty! Wonderful post..I always enjoy my visit here! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Praveshree: Nice post, change of pace better than snow. Enjoyed my visit again, thanks.

    Have a worderfull day,
    John

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post! I love the bouquet of garlic & orchids, the agapanthus is beautiful and I am crazy about the Durban rose. I'm going to have to try and find something similar here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post is such a welcome to our winter garden posts. We will be relying heavily on you to provide us with beautiful summer pictures of your garden :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much Kiki , I am so enjoy your visit , you always say such nice things.

    Hi John , glad you enjoyed the post , how long does winter last by you ?

    Hi Rebbecca , Noelle (azplantlady) has a rose that also changes color, check out her site. As far as I could tell , the Durban July is unique to South Africa

    Hi Noelle
    I will do my very best :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful contrast to all that white outside my window. I especially love that agapanthus. Thank you for bringing summer into my day. -Jean

    ReplyDelete